Beat the rainy weather with a bright smoothie, packed with mango, orange, banana, and a hint of fresh ginger!
This smoothie is super easy to whip up in the mornings, with very few ingredients required.
Make sure your bananas are ripe (with some brown spots) for optimal taste, and use ground flaxseeds for the best smoothie texture. I like to keep a stash of ripe bananas in the freezer for whenever a smoothie craving strikes.
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 banana, chopped (best results if banana is frozen)
- 1 navel orange, peeled + sliced
- 1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled + sliced (adjust to personal taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender, best results if the fresh orange is placed on the bottom.
- Blend on high until the consistency is smooth. I recommend blending a bit longer than a normal smoothie because I KNOW I don’t want to chew on a chunk of ginger.