classic vegan bowl
This is the perfect lazy vegan meal, just toss everything into a bowl and you’re good to go! The ingredients listed are our favourite options, but we often switch up the beans, whole grains, and veggies that go into it depending on what is in the fridge. Try out lots of different combinations, variety is the spice of life!
Almost every single food group is covered in this bowl, giving you protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals in one fell swoop!
Yields: 2 large servings
- 4 cups leafy greens (spinach, romaine, mixed greens)
- 1 cup chopped kale (or chard, collard greens)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas, dry roasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hummus or your dressing of choice
1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. If you are using canned chickpeas, open the can, drain the liquid, and rinse off the beans in a sieve. Heat a tsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and pan-fry for 10 minutes, until the beans are golden. Season the chickpeas with your preferred spices, I favour paprika, cumin, pepper, and salt.
2. Start assembling your bowls with the greens and kale at the bottom, then arrange the quinoa, chickpeas, avocado, cabbage, carrots, seeds, and dressing on top.
Nutrition facts from: CRON-O-Meter