Bring these fries to a party and you’re sure to impress. Oven roasted fries lightly seasoned with salt, paprika, and pepper, these are an easy addition to dinner or as an appetizer.
I like to keep the potatoes unpeeled to retain the nutrients that are contained in and just below the skin, and also because peeling potatoes is the worst. This way you can be lazy and have a good reason for it! Just give the potatoes a quick rinse under some cold water and save yourself the unnecessary peeling.
Fries are serious business, so there are a few critical steps to this recipe to ensure optimal fry success.
Definitely make sure you use parchment paper for the baking steps, this way the fries won’t stick to the pan and become impromptu hashbrowns.
If you slice your fries thinner or thicker, this will affect the baking time accordingly, so you may need to bake them for a different length of time than called for, just play it by ear.
Yields: 2 trays of fries
- 3 large russet potatoes, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 “ thick)
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
Chili Lime Mayo
- 1/2 cup vegenaise (or any other vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 °F and line two baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl or measuring cup mix together the olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large bowl gently toss the potato wedges in the oil mixture, until the potatoes are evenly coated with spices and oil.
3. Arrange fries on the the baking sheets in one layer. Bake for 20 min., flipping halfway through.
4. While the fries are baking, make the chili lime mayo by combining the vegenaise, lime juice, sriracha, onion powder, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Keep the mayo in the fridge until the fries are finished.
5. When the fries are done they should be golden brown and slightly crispy. Garnish the fries with chopped parsley, lime wedges, and a sprinkle of salt; place the chili lime mayo on the side for dipping (if you’re a dipper).
Fries and mayo keep well in the fridge. To reheat fries bake them in the oven for a few minutes.
Serving size for fries: 1/4 of recipe (or 1/2 a pan of fries)
Serving size for mayo: 1 tbsp
Nutrition facts from: CRON-O-Meter
George mateljan foundation. (2016) Potatoes. Retrieved from: www.whfoods.com